ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS BASED ON THE POEM 'NATURE'
1. Read the poem 'Nature' and state what the poem reveals about the poet's
2. Which line in the poem 'Nature' suggests the sense of smell?
3. Which line in the poem 'Nature' suggests the sense of hearing?
4. Based on your knowledge of the poem 'Nature', describe a theme in the poem.
5. Write (T) for TRUE and (F) for FALSE in the boxes next to these sentences.
The country that is portrayed in the poem has only two seasons.
Bamboo crop is mentioned in the poem.
The strength and power of the wind is mentioned in the poem.
Bullets are mentioned as flying around in the poem.
Summer and roofs are nouns mentioned in the poem Nature
Examples of adjectives from the poem are swish and reaped.
One of the themes of the poem is about survival against the elements of nature.
Line 8 of the poem Nature envisions a gentle gush of breeze.
The image suggested in line 9-10 is death and inactivity.
The tone of the poem as a whole is more upbeat than melancholy.
6. From the poem, we know that the poet lives in a __________ country.
A. windy C. tropical
B. hot D. temperate
7. Which of the following phrase suggests a 'crop-free' land?
A. …the reaped canefield lie bare and fallow to the sun.
B. …the bush are full of the sound of bees and the scent of honey
C. …the gold sun shines on the lush green canefields
D. …the buttercups have paved the earth with yellow stars.
8. With reference to the last line of the poem, what is the colour of the buttercups that paved the earth?
A. Blue C. Red
B. Green D. Yellow