The plot compromises of the following elements:
This part introduces the setting, characters and the conflict that is to happen. We are being introduced to the main character, Trish , who is on board a spaceship on a mission to planet Trion. We learn that the story takes place in 2045 and Trish is the only child on board the spaceship.
3. Rising Action
The Father :A minor character in this short story. He is always busy as he is the executive officer of the spaceship. He is a multi-tasker, talking to Trish as well as perusing computer printouts at the same time. He is caring and looks in on Trish once in a while.
Voice Printer : An informative machine, she provides all the information that Trish requires. In fact it is her reference source and tutor as well. It is a versatile machine and can perform many functions. The Voice Printer is a loyal machine and stays by the side of Trish at all times.
Clo : Clo has the same character traits as Trish as she is her clone. The name, Clo is a short form of Clone. She outwits Trish the original genetic material that she is cloned from.
The Mother : She is at somewhere in Planet Trion building up a space station. It takes 2 years to reach Trion from Earth.
1. We must be thankful with what we have.
2. Friends are important in life.
3. Any decisions made will have important consequences.
4. We must make the best of a situation.
5. We must think before we act.
6. We should appreciate our own identity.
7. Everyone is unique.
1. Life in the space age.
2. Living in a spaceship.
3. Loneliness of children
4. Busy lifestyles of adults.
5. The uses of machine and loss of human touch.
6. Clones for company.
7. The need for companionship.
8. The need for privacy and private space.
POINT OF VIEW
Technique used by the writer: